Sally Gunnell’s 5 Tips for Business Success
SALLY GUNNELL GUIDES SMALL BUSINESSES ON HOW TO DEFINE, DESIGN AND DRIVE GOLD MEDAL SUCCESS
Athlete and Olympic gold medal winner Sally Gunnell has unveiled the importance of mentoring in sport and business after research has revealed that a third of successful entrepreneurs have turned to a mentor or support group for advice about their company, compared to just 14% of businesses who ran a business that had to close.
The Book of Gold Medal Business Advice, has been launched with cloud accountancy firm Xero and Sally Gunnell to define, design and drive success for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Video chapters of business advice and an accompanying online book will give business owners insight into how they can apply sporting values to business.
Sally Gunnell, who remains the only woman ever to hold four major track titles concurrently – Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth – is now a small business owner herself, giving her first-hand insight of the importance of the first few years of a business’s life. Xero research suggests that collaboration and mentoring can play a key part in a business’s success or failure, by giving business owners the support to brainstorm solutions and learn from those who have learned from their mistakes and gone on to flourish in their field.
Commenting on the partnership, Sally Gunnell said:
“Training to be the best in your field can be a lonely experience, and running a small business is no different. When the stakes are high the road to success can feel like a hard one, which is why i’m pleased to partner with Xero to support small business owners in the UK as they grow.”
Gary Turner, Xero’s co-founder and UK managing director said:
“Our insight into what leads to a company’s success and failure has shown that to succeed you don’t have to do it all on your own – far from it. The 5.4 million small businesses in the UK are the backbone of the economy employing 60% of the workforce, so it is in everyone’s interests for small businesses to succeed. Sally’s sporting tips are completely transferable to business – from having mind-over-matter when times get tough, to ensuring you have the right team around you to help you grow. Business Gold will give small businesses across the UK the boost they need to know they are not alone, and to become top of their game.”
Sally Gunnell’s five tips for business success:
- Know what you want to achieve – Have drive and focus and know what your goal looks like, and don’t be scared to think big!
- Build a strong team around you – Don’t be afraid to ask for help and surround yourself with people who are good at what they do – they will help you to excel
- Challenge yourself – Make sure you step out of your comfort zone to keep learning and growing.
- Accept disappointment – Learn why mistakes happen and how you can learn from them, but don’t dwell.
- Have self-belief – All of us will doubt our ability at some point, but use your mind to visualise your goal and control that inner voice.
Click here to access and download your free copy of Business Gold – the Book of Gold Medal Business Advice.
- Eight Free Tools and Software to Streamline Your Business - May 28, 2017
- Eight Creative Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses - May 27, 2017
- Eight Better Email Management Tips - May 26, 2017