Roving Robin Report – Nifty Neato Stuff for the First Week of April, 2011
Birdy Diamond here, your Roving Robin Reporter. I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
Big events stir up big thoughts.
- Laura Espinosa gave a powerful post in “A Tribute to Japan (from a Chinese-American)“
- Anne Thomas shares “A Japanese Perspective“.
- Yuki Murai shares how “Hearts are Bursting“.
- And I had a moment of deep realization that history doesn’t have to be forever.
@pamslim – for launch jitters, escort the lizard brain to corner beanbag and put in a movie for it. call up a friend and have em talk you down.
- And speaking of, this post by El Edwards might help you get some perspective about said launch jitters.
- And once you figure out what that overarching business is, Catherine Caine reminds you to make sure you are taking care of your first and most important client.
- To help you do that, Laura White-Ritchie gives us her recs for “12 of my favorite spectaculously free tools to save time, money & sanity!”
- BirdsOnTheBlog – The Amazing Women of 2011
- BirdsOnTheBlog – Be proud if your website gives people worry lines.
- Monette Satterfield shares @pincurlgirl ‘s True Bookkeeping Story, and invites us to share our own voyages upon the sea of numbers.
- The #CustomerLove 72-hour sale raised over 10K for Japanese relief efforts, thanks to a matching grant and a lot of great folks! Congrats everybody!
Take a Break
olotwittwoo – I’ve been woken up by bird song this morning spring is here magnolia buds tell me it’s going to be a great summer
- Skaja Wills’ entry for her ‘365 random’ project: “Photo: day 85 – tiny red flowers”
- And speaking of birds, an article from Beautiful Wildlife Garden talks about “Cardinals in the Beautiful Wildlife Garden”.
- @kirstymhall – Not for the arachnaphobes but I think these web-covered trees are pretty.
(You can find the original article here.)
@MaryHavlicek: @jesseblayne @pegkd I’m reclaiming my artist self. Going to draw today. My hands have been aching to do it. And I found new inspiration 4 it
- Looking for a creative way to usher in the Spring? Try these Temari and Easter eggs! (via @SisterDiane)
- Bathroom Break at Cesar Millan’s & “How to Store & Organize Cats” (via “The Daily Tail”)
- Advertisements these may be, but these video ads for Fage Greek yogurt caught my eye and my Muse’s attention. Beautiful, moving poetry. Take it beyond yogurt to Life, and the magnificence only increases.
- @caffeinatedelf 2:45pm via TweetDeck
I officially ‘like’ this status. 🙂 RT @AdamKingStudio: A pint o’ 1554 and notepad are making Saturday all that more creative.
- @DaftLimmy – Happy 80th birthday, Leonard Nimoy. Live long and… oh, you have. (Retweeted by @soniasimone)
- @ElizabethPW – When it gets down to it, I was not built for waiting.
- @SleepTalkinMan – “The ravioli’s plotting something. Always hiding his agenda. Stick with fusilli. He’s really trustworthy.” http://sleeptalkinman.com (via @JennyBBones)
- @CharlieGilkey – RT @kpdurand: The Stockdale Paradox: Faith you will prevail plus discipline to confront the brutal facts.
- @FamousWomen – The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
- Jim C. Hines, one of my fave fantasy authors has a new book out set in his Goblin universe. “Goblin Tales” is a set of five short stories that look absolutely luscious! Can’t wait to get my wings on this one!
- Praise & poetry too! Too long to retweet, but I felt this just HAD to be immortalized. :>
@PaceSmith via TweetDeck
There once was a blogger and maven;
Australia was her safe haven.
Smart & unique, an unabashed geek:
I’m speaking of course of @jadecraven.
- Ferrett of Shimmerzine (@BethWodzinki’s mag) gives some great advice for writers in “Confessions of a Slush Reader: Why Should I Care?“
- And Catherine Caine writes about “How to Get More Clients, Money, and Respect for Your Copywriting Business“
Take Care of You
- Attitude is a choice. Excellently illustrated (literally!) by Sparky Firepants.
- SallyG suggests that we celebate yourself, just where you are, and realize that you are mighty enough that “The club can’t even handle us right now …”.
- Rachel Acklin, the Caffeinated Elf, shares her thoughts on how to expand your business while still taking care of you.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
- If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know in the comments section or on Twitter @EncouragingBird.
- If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too. Again, comments or @EncouragingBird are good methods of contact.
Before I go, I’d love to hear your answers to this question:
What inspired you this week?
Please share your answers in the comments. 🙂
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Text versions of her tales: pseud BardicRaven at Archive of Our OwnAudio versions of tales+posts:JourneyBirds' YouTube channel. Fannish comments: Tumblr.
If you'd like to help bring their stories to life, check out their Patreon page and become a Patron.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- Postcard for Business – The Power of Habit - January 16, 2016
- Postcard for Business – Will you be the Change? - January 9, 2016
- Postcard for Business – Lessons from an Ugly Plate - December 5, 2015