I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
For those times when you just feel like giving up:
- And if you want a little more inspiration, note this: “Wow – 2 years in a row” from our very own Sarah Arrow about this very blog!
- Artist Ann Rea shares a great tip on pre-qualifying your prospects for your art in “Getting Permission from Art Collectors to Sell to Them”.
- Maureen Carruthers shares a great tip on how to deal with conflicting advice in “The Baby Groundhog Guide to Organizational Decision Making“.
- Steve Silberman from ‘Neurotribes’ took his concern over writing a book and came up with “Practical Tips on Writing a Book from 23 Brilliant Authors“.
- Apparently with summer in full swing for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, bees are in the blogosphere of late. In addition to Delisa Carnegie’s site, which teaches you how to go from zom-bee drone to happy honeybee, we have this post from Pamela Wilson of the ‘Big Brand System’: “What Non-stop Work Won’t Get You”.
Take a Break
Casper300zx: Damn #Emmit is being hella lazy. Get up fool! LOL http://twitpic.com/5ivshk
#Emmit shit goes out! and I stay in. lol Emmit meaning my cat.
- Well, Chat Emmit certainly knows how to take a break! (Probably @DearEmmit does too, but I’m kinda afraid to ask him – he wields a mean squirty-flower! )
- Desisiter Filmi Girl has a lovely post series: “Bollywood for Beginners”. I’ve just started exploring this genre and its nice to know that her series is here to help me find my way! :>
- Okay, being a jewelry designer and all, if there’s bling in the area, I’m a’gonna be investigating it. Here are some “Cool Jewels for the Modern Cat Guy” from ‘Moderncat’.
- Happy endings from The Daily Tail:
- And “When Kittens Attack!” (via Snuzzy.com)
Take Care of You
- Heidi Fischbach of ‘Heidi’s Table’ reminds us that “Baby, ain’t nothing too small” when it comes to that self-care thang.
- From the “oldie but goodie” department comes this guest post on CorbettBarr.com by Ashley Ambirge of the Middle Finger Project: “The Smart Ass Guide to Dealing with Dream Zappers”.
- Peter Crowell reminds us that nothing is ever wasted as we grow in “How being yourself makes it easier to be yourself.“
- Benedictine oblate Christine Valters Paintner shares the wonders of “A Canine Horarium: Praying the Hours with My Dog“.
- Havi Brooks of ‘The Fluent Self’ shares a wonderful post about the peace & acceptance found in the waters of “The Fountain”.
- Alana of ‘Life After Benjamin’ shares a powerful post on the healing power of grief in “11 months“.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know:
- in the comments section
- on Twitter @EncouragingBird
- or the hashtag #rovingrobin.
If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too. Again, comments or @EncouragingBird are good methods of contact.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
So we send a weekly digest to our email subscribers.
(We also send exclusive subscriber only content...)
So what are you waiting for!!