I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
Some of these are new, some are old friends – all help you make a difference with a simple click of your mouse.
- From “The Daily Tail” comes news of this generous offer: from now until July 4th, Explore.org will donate a companion or service dog to a (U.S.) war veteran for every 5000 ‘likes’ on its “Dog Bless you” Facebook page. Details found here.
- The Freekibble family of sites helps donate food to shelters. Click to answer a trivia Q – right or wrong, you help feed animals in need. Follow them on Twitter (@freekibble) and they will donate another meal.
- The GreaterGood Network is a rediscovery for me. I used to click regularly back in the early 2000s, when they were just starting out. I was amazed to see how much they have grown over the years. Click once daily at each of their sites to help a variety of causes:
- The Hunger Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Food For The World’s Hungry.”
- The Breast Cancer Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Mammograms For Women In Need.”
- The Animal Rescue site: “Your Actions Here Fund Food And Care For Rescued Animals.”
- The Rainforest Site: “Your Actions Here Fund The Protection of Vital Wildlife Habitat.”
- The Child Health Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Healthcare For Children In Need.”
- The Literacy Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Free Books For Children In Need.”
- The Veterans Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Meals For Homeless And Hungry (U.S.)Veterans.”
- The Autism Site: “Your Actions Here Fund Therapy To Help Children With Autism.”
- EcologyFund.com: “Save Land for FREE!! – Protect 86 square feet every day!”
- Michele Théberge. asks “Giving Up Too Soon?“, a piece on Art and Process on Stacey Curnow’s “Midwife for Your Life”.
- Tisha Berg has some suggestions for “What to Do When Your Small Business hits the Doldrums”.
- Matt Cheuvront of “Men without Pants” talks about his commitment to write and how you can silence your own gremlins.
- BolajiO is offering a 7 day “Nocrastinator’s Challenge” starting this Monday, June 6th, 2011! Go here to sign up to join in the doing!
Take a Break
- Daisy & Harley are having a ball “Bird Watching“(seems appropriate for a blog titled ‘Birds on the Blog’. Look how excited they are at all the avian activity going on outside! :>
- My friend FaeNathara is doing some bird watching too! Tho’ hers is with a camera and decidedly less murderous in intent. :> This momma dove and chick are just so photogenic!!!
- @SeanPlatt – Only follow if it’s Klingon RT @demianfarnworth: What’s the protocol when someone who speaks another language [YOU DON'T SPEAK] follows you?
- @RumpyDog – Why do I want to pay to see an acrobatic act? I watch the best acrobats in the world every morning on my walk. Them squirrels are amazing!
- If you want to do some watching of a different sort, you might want to consider joining in the fun over at “Postcrossing”, the postcard exchange site. (Thnx to @courtcat for the lead! :>)
- The latest introspective writing challenge? #Trust30 from “The Domino Project”. Use quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson to go inside and explore the notions around trusting yourself.
Take Care of You
- Jenny Blake of ‘Life After College’ talks about the value of acting “as if” on the blog ‘revolution.is’.
- There’s more out there of course.
- There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know in the comments section or on Twitter @EncouragingBird or the hashtag #rovingrobin.
If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too. Again, comments or @EncouragingBird are good methods of contact.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Learn more about the work that she and her husband, Mike Diamond are doing over at their Patreon page, and if you like what you see, help support them in helping to support you.
Check out their video creations at WonderLand's Youtube channel, and see what they find delightful, and wondrously useful on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- Purr-mission to Create - August 23, 2014
- Monday’s Mellow: Cards of the Week – Connecting to the Land & Relax! - June 30, 2014
- Saturday Sublime – Snow and Ashes - June 14, 2014
to our weekly updates.
Never miss another post (and get exclusive subscriber only content)