I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
- Tisha Berg is teaming up with Vonetta Booker-Brown on Wednesday, June 8th at 7pm EST (midnight London time, alas – will have to see if there will be a recording) to bring you what is looking to be a fantastic free webinar on how to create successful podcasts and videos. I’m already signed up and waiting eagerly – join me?
- And Justine Grey of ‘Create Hype’ shares that being a high-school dropout didn’t stop her, and asks what’s stopping you?
Take a Break
- The Jars continue! Kirsty Hall continues to rock out her Jars, providing Art & Entertainment for the fine folks of the Bristol area.
And speaking of Kittehs, the Felines are Frisky this week:
Take Care of You
- Cinderita has an excellent point: Who ARE we to presume that we are so special that we’ll never get what we want?
- If you enjoy the works of Richard Bach, you’ll enjoy this new venture by Peter Crowell. Part fiction, part autobiography, part Journey, it gets off to a fascinating beginning here.
- And Mike of ‘Stick Figure Simple’ reminds us to choose our clients wisely.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know in the comments section or on Twitter @EncouragingBird or the hashtag #rovingrobin.
If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too. Again, comments or @EncouragingBird are good methods of contact.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Her goals are lofty: to create ripples that will change this World for the better by sharing stories that let people know that the paranormal is normal, the Other is not automatically to be feared, and our destinies are in our own hands.
Her Dreams are bigger still: to share those stories via episodic internet television, taking advantage of the changes in the World to keep control and direction of her tales, to share the modern version of a Bardic Circle.
You can find the text versions of her stories under the pseud BardicRaven at Archive of Our Own and the audio versions of them (and these posts) on the JourneyBirds' YouTube channel. She is also known to make the occasional Fannish comment on Tumblr.
If you'd like to help bring their stories to life, check out their Patreon page and become a Patron.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- On Masks and Changing your Story – Sinceriously, Part III - February 28, 2015
- Depicting the Other in Story: Respect, Intent, Choices - February 21, 2015
- On Grief, Mourning, Hope, and the Stories that Come to You - February 14, 2015