Birdy Diamond here, your Roving Robin Reporter. I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
It’s not just people who are thrown into turmoil when a natural disaster happens. As you are considering your giving to help those who are affected by the recent incidents in Japan, please give a thought to helping the animals as well as the humans.
Posts with links to sites where you can help.
- Bernadette Kazmarski is donating a portion of the proceeds from some of her artwork to benefit animal rescue in Japan. (via Moderncat)
- And LaVonne Ellis is suggesting that those participating in the next CustomerLove challenge weave helping Japan into their personal challenges. Are you with her?
- Sometimes taking action means not doing something… like look for a job. Illana gives us 40 reasons why. (via @SinclairAshley)
Take A Break
In the midst of an overwhelming situation, one man takes action to bring help to those around him. (via @MaeveReston)
- @yolandafacio – Netbook in lap, iPad at right, pen, highlighter, note cards, puppy at feet, ol’ lady asleep, who says you can’t work in bed!
- @wilw – Dog: PLAY WITH ME! Cat: No. You are seven times my weight. Me: Dogs can’t do math. Cat: Obviously. Dog: I HAVE A TOY FOR US! Cat: Facepaw.
- @thequote – “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu #quote
Take Care of You
- Tiny Buddha has some wondrous wisdom to share about peace – yours and others.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
- If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know.
- If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Learn more about the work that she and her husband, Mike Diamond are doing over at their Patreon page, and if you like what you see, help support them in helping to support you.
Check out their video creations at WonderLand's Youtube channel, and see what they find delightful, and wondrously useful on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- Purr-mission to Create - August 23, 2014
- Monday’s Mellow: Cards of the Week – Connecting to the Land & Relax! - June 30, 2014
- Saturday Sublime – Snow and Ashes - June 14, 2014
to our weekly updates.
Never miss another post (and get exclusive subscriber only content)