Roving Robin Report – Week of March 22, 2011
Birdy Diamond here, your Roving Robin Reporter. I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
It’s not just people who are thrown into turmoil when a natural disaster happens. As you are considering your giving to help those who are affected by the recent incidents in Japan, please give a thought to helping the animals as well as the humans.
Posts with links to sites where you can help.
- Bernadette Kazmarski is donating a portion of the proceeds from some of her artwork to benefit animal rescue in Japan. (via Moderncat)
- And LaVonne Ellis is suggesting that those participating in the next CustomerLove challenge weave helping Japan into their personal challenges. Are you with her?
- Sometimes taking action means not doing something… like look for a job. Illana gives us 40 reasons why. (via @SinclairAshley)
Take A Break
In the midst of an overwhelming situation, one man takes action to bring help to those around him. (via @MaeveReston)
- @yolandafacio – Netbook in lap, iPad at right, pen, highlighter, note cards, puppy at feet, ol’ lady asleep, who says you can’t work in bed!
- @wilw – Dog: PLAY WITH ME! Cat: No. You are seven times my weight. Me: Dogs can’t do math. Cat: Obviously. Dog: I HAVE A TOY FOR US! Cat: Facepaw.
- @thequote – “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu #quote
Take Care of You
- Tiny Buddha has some wondrous wisdom to share about peace – yours and others.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
- If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know.
- If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Text versions of her tales: pseud BardicRaven at Archive of Our OwnAudio versions of tales+posts:JourneyBirds' YouTube channel. Fannish comments: Tumblr.
If you'd like to help bring their stories to life, check out their Patreon page and become a Patron.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- Postcard for Business – The Power of Habit - January 16, 2016
- Postcard for Business – Will you be the Change? - January 9, 2016
- Postcard for Business – Lessons from an Ugly Plate - December 5, 2015