Birdy Diamond here, your Roving Robin Reporter. I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
It’s not just people who are thrown into turmoil when a natural disaster happens. As you are considering your giving to help those who are affected by the recent incidents in Japan, please give a thought to helping the animals as well as the humans.
Posts with links to sites where you can help.
- Bernadette Kazmarski is donating a portion of the proceeds from some of her artwork to benefit animal rescue in Japan. (via Moderncat)
- And LaVonne Ellis is suggesting that those participating in the next CustomerLove challenge weave helping Japan into their personal challenges. Are you with her?
- Sometimes taking action means not doing something… like look for a job. Illana gives us 40 reasons why. (via @SinclairAshley)
Take A Break
In the midst of an overwhelming situation, one man takes action to bring help to those around him. (via @MaeveReston)
- @yolandafacio – Netbook in lap, iPad at right, pen, highlighter, note cards, puppy at feet, ol’ lady asleep, who says you can’t work in bed!
- @wilw – Dog: PLAY WITH ME! Cat: No. You are seven times my weight. Me: Dogs can’t do math. Cat: Obviously. Dog: I HAVE A TOY FOR US! Cat: Facepaw.
- @thequote – “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu #quote
Take Care of You
- Tiny Buddha has some wondrous wisdom to share about peace – yours and others.
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for next time.
- If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know.
- If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
Her goals are lofty: to create ripples that will change this World for the better by sharing stories that let people know that the paranormal is normal, the Other is not automatically to be feared, and our destinies are in our own hands.
Her Dreams are bigger still: to share those stories via episodic internet television, taking advantage of the changes in the World to keep control and direction of her tales, to share the modern version of a Bardic Circle.
You can find the text versions of her stories under the pseud BardicRaven at Archive of Our Own and the audio versions of them (and these posts) on the JourneyBirds' YouTube channel. She is also known to make the occasional Fannish comment on Tumblr.
If you'd like to help bring their stories to life, check out their Patreon page and become a Patron.