Recently, I ran into a piece of the Internetz that got me thinking. Truthfully, it got me hurt and angry first, but I’m doing my best to walk my talk and a’that, so I waited until I hit the thinking stage before picking up the pixelated pen.
The details are not important, except inasmuch as they got me thinking about where we choose to live in life: fear or faith.
- Do we choose to live in fear, hide from ourselves, create worst-case scenarios and generally drive ourselves and those around us crazy from all the negativity?
- Do we choose to live in faith, that no matter what the world may choose to throw at us, we will find some way to handle it, some how?
Whichever we choose as our baseline, there will still be times and places that throw us for a loop.
What’s up to us, however, is whether we choose to stay in that loop, or recover and get back to our normal. It’s also up to us how long that recovery takes.
So the next time you find yourself in a doom-and-gloom situation, just ask yourself: is this really how I want to live? [viralpullquote layout=”vs-quote-sixteen-layout” font_size=”18″ font_color=”#3366ff” border_color=”#3366ff” font_alignment=”right” ] just ask yourself: is this really how I want to live?[/viralpullquote]
Then act accordingly.
Until nex/st time…
Her goals are lofty: to create ripples that will change this World for the better by sharing stories that let people know that the paranormal is normal, the Other is not automatically to be feared, and our destinies are in our own hands.
Her Dreams are bigger still: to share those stories via episodic internet television, taking advantage of the changes in the World to keep control and direction of her tales, to share the modern version of a Bardic Circle.
You can find the text versions of her stories under the pseud BardicRaven at Archive of Our Own and the audio versions of them (and these posts) on the JourneyBirds' YouTube channel. She is also known to make the occasional Fannish comment on Tumblr.
If you'd like to help bring their stories to life, check out their Patreon page and become a Patron.
Latest posts by Birdy Diamond (see all)
- Of Power & Prejudice – Sinceriously, part VI - March 28, 2015
- The Stories of Spring: Life, Living, Story, Hope - March 21, 2015
- In Case of Emergency, Break Glass – Sinceriously, Part V - March 14, 2015