Roving Robin Reports – On Moving Forward :>
Birdy Diamond here, your Roving Robin Reporter. I have been tasked by the lovely Sarah to flutter around the web and bring back news of some of the neat & nifty things we birds (& the occasional bloke) are doing, so we don’t miss anything. (Or at least a lot less than we otherwise might.)
- LaVonne Ellis has created an edition of the #customerlove Tweetchat timed especially for British & European folks. Said Tweetchats will be held on Sundays at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern, which is 7pm London time. Join in the fun via hashtag #customerlove or the Tweetchatroom.
Willie Hewes also has some powerful Awesome going on this week:
- An article on how to keep going when we don’t care.
- Willie’s Work Monster chimes in:
- And there is Mindful Goal-Setting too! (free-for-addy book!)
- If part of your action plan this week involves looking at your social media strategy, you might want to check this out soonest, as Andrea Vahl & Grandma Mary are having another sweepstakes! First prize is two hours of social media consulting, the second prize is one hour. Sweepstakes starts January 26, 2011 @ 09:31 am (MST) and ends February 02, 2011 @ 12:00 pm (MST) For further details and to enter go here.
- delisacarnegie is looking for some feedback: I just put up some polls on my site. Vote and help me show you some #customerlove
- Jon Morrow has a powerful post on fears, how to keep going anyway, and the commonality of entrepreneurship.
Take a Break
- Chris McLaughlin from “Wildlife Garden” brings us a lovely look at the American Goldfinch. Beautiful black-and-gold contrast to the rather monochromatic winter world that is what those of us in the Northern hemisphere have at the mo’.
(sometimes doing for others helps us do for ourselves)
- The ever-awesome Charlie Gilkey gives us some food for thought on helping others to shine.
DonnaleighDLR – “The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.” Frederic Lawrence Knowles #quote #quotes
- via ToriDeaux – Oh! This is fun. I’m checkin’ out @hitthosekey’s #sketchbookproject Theme? Raining Cats & Dogs
- Wombats Exist! (and here’s what they look like!)
- Considering the mess that humans make of politics, why not let a cat be in charge?
- A charming & amusing look at the mother-daughter talk… but not the one you think.
- Andy Fogarty of ‘Destination Thrive’ interviews Rachel Acklin, the Caffeinated Elf
- problogger – “Flatter me, I may not believe U. Criticize, I may not like U. Ignore, I may not forgive U. Encourage me, I will not forget U.” William Ward
- SpiritualNurse – “My hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done & try to love somebody &have the courage to accept love in return.” -Maya Angelou
- jmoriarty- I wish money multiplied for me like email seems to.
- caffeinatedelf – @EncouragingBird I do so love cunning plans.
- ryahalbatros – @soulhuntre Ooh a plan. I love it when a plan comes together! #customerlove
- Shannon O – “We cannot change the cards we dealt, just how we play the hand.” -Randy Pausch
- allanapratt – RT @jamievaron: There’s something dignified about living your own awesome life without feeling the need to tell others how to live theirs.
- jadecraven – @ToriDeaux That’s very true. You can’t make everyone happy. It’s not just niche – it’s gender and race as well. It’s very political, sadly
- AffirmationSpot - Extol your strengths and accomplishments, but bless your flaws for showing you where your work lies.
- Pistachio “OK, that brings us to the question, what do you want to have happen now?”
Intuitivebridge – At backfence pdx. About to hear stories. I like stories better than nearly anything
A recent, and most definitely awesome, addition to my reading universe, Steve Hockensmiths’ ‘Holmes on the Range’ is a fun, light mystery series.
The main characters first saw the light of day in ‘Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine’, and recently, Steve has decided to share some of these orginal stories with us, the Internet-reading public. Here is the first edition, “Dear Mr. Holmes”.
And here in this interview, there is some argument as to who is the author & who is the character.
Take Care of You
- Sometimes, taking care of you means doing the hard things. In this post, James Chartrand talks about doing just that in “Here’s Why James Chartrand Wears Women’s Underpants”.
- Ray Davis of “The Affirmation Spot” reminds us of “ 58 Things to Be Grateful For”.
- Everyday Bright’s Jennifer Gresham points out why our ideal careers are hiding from us, and some things to do about it.
- Finally, if after reading last week’s link to channelled material, you find yourself curious as to what that actually is and what’s going on, check out Mike’s & my free audio at our site ‘The Crafty Crows': Introduction to Channelling
There’s more out there of course.
There’s always more.
But for now, I must away, to search out new goodies & delights for your amusement & delight.
If you have anything you’d like me to include in upcoming editions, please let me know.
If you have questions or comments on things you’ve seen here or that you’d like to see in upcoming editions, let me know those too.
Until next time!
Chirp, chirp! :>
to our weekly updates.
Never miss another post (and get exclusive subscriber only content)