Dinner Table Decorations For Christmas Day
We have come to the end of my 4 part mini Christmas series encouraging handmade decorations and gifts.
In the series we have looked at:
• Handmade Christmas tree suggestions
• General Christmas decorations for your home
And for our final one, we will be looking at suggestions for decorations for your dinner table on Christmas day.
• Make fun mini Christmas trees
Stinky Ink has a fun little printing project for you, to make some mini trees; I thought this would make some good name place holders.
For instructions please visit Stinky Ink Christmas trees
• Hanging Christmas trees
For the back of your chairs make some pretty hanging paper trees. For instructions please visit Ki Design blog
Photo source: kimemories.typepad.com on Pinterest
• Mini Stocking place setting
Lots of shops have mini Christmas stockings if you don’t have time to make some.
For a suggestion place on dinner plate and put the guests knife and fork inside as in this picture.
• Crepe – paper bells
I love this cute name place holder suggestion from Martha Stewart. They would look lovely in the centre of a plate or on top of a napkin.
For instructions please visit – Christmas bells decoration
• Make a Christmas flower arrangement
I often make mini flower decorations to run along the centre of the table. It is easy and fun to make and can easily be adapted for many occasions such as Christmas.
Here’s what you need:
• An oasis on a tray (round or square can be bought through your local craft or garden centre)
• A bouquet of flowers from a supermarket – chrysanthemums and roses look lovely
• Greenery from your garden
• Soak oasis over night
• Leave flowers in water with flower food in a bucket, until ready to be used.
• Select greenery – e.g. berries, holly, ivy …
• Cut selected greenery and place into the oasis in a pattern. Longer pieces are best placed around the bottom edge of the oasis to provide a frame work.
• Cut the stem of selected flowers at an angle and fill in the gaps,
For some ideas for a Christmas centrepiece –
How to make a christmas centrepiece
How to make Christmas candle centerpieces
• Make a felt napkin ring
This easy to make poinsettia napkin ring, will make a lovely addition to your Christmas dinner table.
The project could easily be adapted as a design using paper.
• Make a star or bauble Christmas napkin ring
I have put together a star and bauble napkin rings design for you to use.
I invite you to pop on over to my blog to get the free pdf. All you need is a printer, card, and tape
• Decorate with baubles
If you have some left over Christmas baubles,
• Add a selection in a glass vase and put in the centre of your table.
• Place some small ones on plates to carry the theme on
• String some baubles together and hang over the back of your dinner chairs.
I hope you have enjoyed my mini Christmas series.
Did you make any of the suggestions?
I wish you a very happy Christmas 🙂