Recently, I was searching around for a suitable app that has cross device capability and suitable for planning business stuff in project list formats. Then I remembered one of my iPad that would be perfect.
It’s called… Cheddar.
- You can use it on multiple devices ie an iPhone, iPad, Mac laptop or desktop.
- It’s free for the basic program, giving you an opportunity to try it out and see if it fits in your workflow.
- Easy to use, list format that includes basic tagging functionality and Markdown, like this:
After a recent conference, I have some technical articles that are due to be submitted to an online magazine imminently. It seemed a good idea to see how applicable Cheddar would be for planning out the project, what tasks needs to be done in a checklist. Using the instructions above, it was simple to knock out a project plan in under 5 mins on my iPad:
After you have completed the brain dump, just hit Edit and then move the tasks around as needed into a logical order using your finger or mouse.
Once the tasks are done, you can tick them off as done in the boxes. Easy peasy!
Deleting the project once complete is also a nice option, so you don’t have old projects cluttering up the main screen.
All in all, it was slick and easy to use as well as edit quickly and efficiently. There are some drawbacks though…
- Cheddar is a pure iOS app, no Android version is available that I can see. You can use it on a Windows machine in the browser though.
- You can only add two projects in the basic free version
I discovered this after finishing the first project plan quickly and was eager to create an outline for the second article.
On clicking the + sign to create a new project, up popped this unexpected message:
The upgrade for more than two projects will set you back a princely $20 annually.
UGH! It’s a really nice app at first glance, but I guess the sample project they include will have to go for now, while I see if this app gets used a significant amount to justify the additional cost.
to our weekly updates.
Never miss another post (and get exclusive subscriber only content)