50 Women In Business You MUST Follow on Twitter!
I love Twitter. No. I adore twitter. Actually I probably wouldn’t have a business without Twitter so when I hear people question “what does it have to do with me?” I have to say, if you’re in business, it has everything to do with you!
As a little background noise, I can tell you that I have made the most exciting connections, built up a supportive audience, had several requests for national and local PR opportunities, completed numerous sales, sought help for just about everything (I mean everything) and grown exponentially on a personal level throughout it all. So you see Twitter is where it’s at in business terms and if you’re not in it, you’re not making the most of the global information and connection and growth available to you.
To get you started on your quest for finding some top notch women in business to follow, look no further and know that right here is all you need to really whet your business palette. These are not necessarily the worlds ‘ high-fliers’ (although some really are) but just women like you and me doing their thing and doing it well. Their tweets are relevant, helpful and filled with interesting content to explore in their fields of expertise.
These are in no particular order whatsoever, each as valuable and important as the next!
- @anntran_ Social Media Consultant and Influencer
- @caitlinmoran Author, writer, journo
- @dinahliversidge Mentor and Speaker. Writes about leadership and credibility
- @newsaboutwomen Women’s, News, Opinions and Current Affairs
- @nickykriel Social Media Coach and Trainer
- @debsylee Social Media Coach and passionate about community
- @britmums Lifestyle blogging and social influence collective
- @totally4women For women who weren’t born yesterday
- @judyheminsley All things working from home and homeworkers
- @notsalmon Author, Oprah friend and creator of much
- @savvy_woman Financial savvy of the highest order
- @vagendamagazine Not for the feint-hearted done very well!
- @TEDwomen All news and updates on TED Women
- @michelleshaeffr All things blogging for business
- @joharrison Marketing, ebooks, formatting
- @soniapoulton Journalist, broadcaster, tweets about justice
- @bhiveclub woman centred business space and so much more
- @women_unlimited great tweets for start-ups
- @everywomanUK 12 years old and still rocking it up for women in business
- @thewomensroomuk Expert women’s database
- @leonie_dawson Creator of Wild Sister and teller of the story about how she did it
- @janecwoods Intelligent focus on women, business and feminist thinking
- @mumsmore Guilt free parenting
- @actofattraction Aligning your activity with your business
- @featweets Female Entrepreneurs Association
- @stilettomillion Tweets about women, business, passion
- @forbeswoman An endless source of material for women in business
- @laviniaosbourne Financial literacy, wealth creation and wealth preservation
- @teasilvestre Branding coach
- @judithmorgan Entrepreneur soul and accountant
- @gretchenrubin Author of The Happiness Project
- @smallbiztrends A Forbes top inspirational woman for entrepreneurs
- @shurleyhall Writing, publishing, social media
- @melissaonline Business, women, focus. Power and coffee
- @erinmgiles Founder of end sex trafficking day and philanthropy consultant
- @thenextwomen Business magazine for female heroes
- @thestoryxchange #1000stories campaign of women starting up in business
- @randomkid Talia is all about social change, changemakers, the power of us all
- @baytreejen Possibly the best financial adviser in the world
- @katyabarry Helps women with creating and sustaining international businesses
- @susanjritchie Tweets about confidence, leadership and schools
- @jessgreen84 Vegan, Animal loving digital marketing gal
- @sueatkins Author of parenting made easy and parenting expert and broadcaster
- @aspirewomen Leadership advocate and speaker and social entrepreneur
- @abusinessguru Endless tweets about business including marketing, tech, networking, leadership
- @chiefhotmomma Leadership, dynamic women and entrepreneurship
- @sitsgirls Blogging community of 40,000+ fabulous women
- @wintersonworld Jeanette Winterson. Writer. That is all.
- @sallydwrites Blogger about experience of being an adopting parent
- @tinybuddha Simple wisdom for complex lives
The simple fact is that good leadership engenders a large space for social change and social enterprise. There is a clear emphasis on personal and social responsibility and these women have that, embrace that and emanate it in a natural way.
And there we have it! Please add your own in the comments box. There can never be to many amazing women to follow on twitter. Trust me!
Latest posts by Lisa Cherry (see all)
- 15 Books That Have The Power To Change and Inform Your Thinking, Living and Direction - June 27, 2013
- The 5 Secrets About Writing A Book That No-one Told You! - June 20, 2013
- Is Healing Through Writing Just For Women? - June 13, 2013